In order to successfully complete this task:
- Watch the short video explaining the difference between analysis and strategy.
- Read this article about writing a media analysis from eHow.
- Review some different media strategy examples from Magid.
- Read this article about how to write a media strategy from Socialbrite.
- Review the sources you found relating to your clients negative image.
- Write a post completely addressing both prompts listed below.
For this written task, you will focus on the non-profit organization that you identified above in Task 1. Thoroughly consider the media problems surrounding the organization. Spend some time brainstorming ideas that use media to change what “the masses” think about your client. Use your research to address the following prompts:
- From a media analysis perspective, what is the most negative characteristic or public perception of the organization you researched? Explain your findings. (100-200 words)
- Suggest a possible media strategy, campaign, or media driven plan, for combating the organization’s negative characteristic or public perception. Explain your suggestions. (200-300 words)
Please do not discuss how the NPO should change policy. Media strategists can’t make policy change, we only only attempt to change the way people think about our client’s policy.
Remember to use a professional writing style and refrain from sharing personal opinions unless asked for. Your responses should be based on information you discovered while researching your non-profit organization (NPO). The word count of 300-500 words must be adhered to. However, it is even more important to demonstrate that you engaged the material deeply, and that you are able to use what you read and watched, to back up what you write.