Directions: Your monologue should be at least 2 minutes long (which is about 250 words). It should be typed single spaced, 12-point font, and one-inch margins. Please use one of the following fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Garamond, Calibri or Cambria as they are the easiest to read.
When writing your monologue, please consider the following:
1. Please, do not focus on counting the words but rather focus on getting your ideas on paper and writing a complete thought.
2. Do not incorporate information from your articles unless you are writing a monologue based on one of the people mentioned in the article and will be writing a verbatim based monologue (where you would be taking a quote that someone made word-for-word and will put it in your monologue).
3. The purpose of finding and reading two articles was to give you context on the topic you’re basing your monologue on. For example, if your monologue is on female body image and you found articles talking about the negative images in mainstream media about female body image, your monologue can be of a young girl speaking out against those images (remember, this is only an example).
4. Your monologue will be delivered from the perspective of the character that you created (consider the interview question that I posed).
5. When you write the monologue, please have the person (or people) your character would be speaking to in mind as this would impact how you would write your monologue.