dig Deep into the interactive tree of life
- First watch the video- Ghosts of Evolution- https://youtu.be/ZWW5OuxlKec
Then use the Interactive Tree http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/labs/lab/evolution/research#/chooser to trace human ancestry- (type humans into the search bar)
Note that Homo Sapiens is the only surviving species of the genus Homo
- Write the 4 now extinct species of human ancestors and highlight the one that we most closely interacted, shared genetic material with, and evolved with.
- Find and Write our 3 closest living primate relative and highlight our closest relative.
- When and where did humans evolve- https://youtu.be/K4S2qJboi4I
- There was no first human- https://youtu.be/xdWLhXi24Mo
- We share the branches of life with many different species both living and extinct. Use Google to find 10 currently endangered species & find them on the deep tree.
Than do 3 things-
- Paste the name & image of each of the 10 endangered species.
- Explain why it is endangered.
- Put into words at least one thing we can do to help the species survive.