Benchmark – Measuring Biases, Stereotypes, and Heuristics
Due Date: Aug 31, 2016 23:59:59 Max Points: 190
Mitigating biases, stereotypes, and heuristics is a topic of much research including the creation of methods to measure the extent of these behaviors. In this assignment, you will evaluate the methods used to measure biases, stereotypes, and heuristics.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words in which you evaluate the methods used to measure biases, stereotypes, and heuristics. Include the following in your paper:
- An evaluative summary of the properties of psychometrically sound measures. (Benchmarks C 3.3: Evaluate and identify properties of psychometrically sound measures.)
- An evaluation of the methods used to measure biases, stereotypes, and heuristics. Do these methods conform to psychometrically sound measurement principles? Why or why not?
Please Note: Assignment will not be submitted to the faculty member until the “Submit” button under “Final Submission” is clicked.
Benchmark – Measuring Biases, Stereotypes, and Heuristics- Rubrics
A thorough evaluative summary of the properties of psychometrically sound measures is presented. Information presented is from current scholarly sources.
A thorough evaluation of the methods used to measure biases, stereotypes, and heuristics is presented. Information presented is from current scholarly sources.
All required elements are present. Scholarly research sources are topic related, and obtained from highly respected, professional, original sources.
Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear
Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
All format elements are correct.
In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.