Requirements : Pa format 12 font double space , cites ,references,cover page. Please copy and paste each question prior to answering question Each question must be at least 3-3 paragraphs minimum! Answer each thoroughly as directed .Please use resources their are provided. Please keep mi mind you are answering as a professional teacher etc. Anders always should focus on the subject of the question and no negative answers about discipline with aggressive behavior against children!
This page contains the Learning Resources for this week. Be sure to scroll down the page to see all of the assigned resources for this week. To view this week’s media resources, please use the streaming media player below.
- Course Text: Marion, M. (2015). Guidance of young children (9th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Chapter 3, “Understanding Child Development” (pp. 71-84)
- Chapter 4, “Supportive Physical Environments: Indirect Guidance” (pp. 79-110)
- Chapter 10,”Aggression and Bullying in Young Children” (pp. 266-288)
Video: Laureate Education (Producer). (n.d.). Developing a positive classroom climate [Video file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 24 minutes.
Week 3, creating positive environments and the ways adults and environments can promote healthy social-emotional development and positive behavior for preschool-age children.Accessible player –Downloads–Download Video w/Cc Download Audio
- Article: “Improving Preschool Classroom Processes: Preliminary Findings from a Randomized Trial Implemented in Head Start Settings”
- Paper Excerpt: “Child Care Social Climate”
Note: To open this document you will need the free Adobe® Reader® software.
- Article: “What are Pro social Skills?” by Kelly Differ
- Article: “Fostering Pro social Behavior in Young Children” by Kathy Presser
- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see which question you are responding to.
- You have been learning about key areas of growth and development related to pro social behaviors. Describe three ways that a preschool policy on compassionate treatment and care of animals that visit or live in classrooms would foster this growth and development in young children.
- Based on what you have learned in Chapter 3 of your course text, explain the three foundation underpinnings that children need to develop in order to demonstrate pro social behavior such as helping, sharing, and cooperating.
- Imagine you are a preschool teacher giving a tour of your setting to parents and other family members. Write a brief script pointing out examples of the ways your physical setup fosters positive behavior and prevents disruptive behavior.