Read the “Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy” do not need to read the entire script At a minimum, read from the 33-minute mark until the 70- minute mark, for a total of 37 minutes.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper about information-giving responses and the characteristics of interview phases. Include examples from the script that demonstrate the following topics:
- The counselor’s nonverbal and verbal skills
- Did certain questions or comments create a change in nonverbal or verbal actions for the clients?
- What open- and closed-ended questions did the counselor use?
- What techniques did the counselor use to paraphrase and summarize the words of the clients? Was this effective?
- How did the counselor apply the information-giving responses?
- Identify the exploration, clarification, and action stages of the interview.
- What are examples of reflective feeling?
- How did the counselor encourage the clients to self-disclose? Was she successful?
- Provide your thoughts on the overall interview structure. Was it a comfortable setting? How could it be improved?