Complete the following:
Chapter 6, Technical Question 3 in the textbook.
Chapter 6, Application Question 3 in the textbook.
Follow these instructions for completing and submitting your assignment:
Place all answers, both numerical and written, in a single excel spreadsheet.
Place each problem into a separate tab or sheet in an Excel file.
Place labels on spreadsheet inputs and outputs, and use the yellow highlighter on the top menu bar to highlight your final answer.
If the question incorporates graphs, you must replicate the graph on your spreadsheet file.
Do not submit Word files or multiple files for a single assignment.
- Industry studies often suggest that firms may have long-run average cost curves that show some output range over which there are economies of scale and a wide range of output over which long-run average cost is constant; finally, at very high output, there are diseconomies of scale.
- Draw a representative long-run average cost curve, and indicate the minimum efficient scale.
- Would you expect that firms in an industry like this would all produce about the same level of output? Why?
- The following graph shows economies of scale in the beer brewing industry.
Please see attached document for graph. Replicate the graph on EXCEL then answer the questions
- What does this graph tell us about the nature of economies of scale in the beer brewing
- What are the particular problems associated with the firm represented by the SATC curve
shown in the graph? Does it represent a firm that would be able to survive over time?