Working With Employees: An I/O Commentary on Real World Problems
Objective: This assignment is designed to help you identify common problems that managers face when dealing with employees, and the solutions that managers use in an attempt to solve those problems. This assignment will also give you an opportunity to evaluate the efficacy of the solutions from a practical perspective and from the perspective of research in Industrial/Organizational psychology.
- Using scholarly sources such as your textbook and professional journal articles that you find in the University Library, research the two problems mentioned by the manager. What does the field of I/O say about these types of problems or issues? What recommendations might you make to the manager?
- Identify common challenges and issues that arise in the workplace
- Evaluate strategies for addressing these challenges
- Integrate your findings with evidence-based literature from journal articles, textbook, and additional scholarly sources.
1,050- to 1,400-word paper. Your paper should consist of the following parts:
- A scholarly commentary with recommendations from the perspective of I/O psychology
Be sure to include at least five scholarly references in your paper. Provide a list your specific interview questions as an Appendix. Format your paper according to APA guidelines