Respond to the following questions in 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Why is this an ethical dilemma? Which SPA Ethical Principles help frame the nature of the dilemma?
- To what extent, if any, should Dr. Hajji consider Leo’s ethnicity in his deliberations? Would the dilemma be addressed differently if Leo self-identified as non-Hispanic White, Hispanic, on non-Hispanic Black?
- How are SPA Ethical Standards 1.08, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09, 7.04, 7.05, and 17.05 relevant to this case? Which other standards might apply?
- What are Dr. Hajji ethical alternatives for resolving this dilemma? Which alternative best reflects the Ethics Code inspirational principle and enforceable standard, as well as legal standards and obligations to stakeholders?
- What steps should Dr. Hajji take to ethically implement his decision and monitor its effects?