First, read Dutton (2009) and Rudski (2008), listed on the Background Info page.
In a well-constructed essay, please answer the following questions:
- Why have supply chain management issues often been ignored by senior management?
- How would you convince senior management to focus more attention on supply chain management? (Please incorporate examples drawn from the required readings.)
- When promoting supply chain management initiatives to senior management, how would you utilize the expertise of external logistics and logistics management organizations?
Critically analyze the role of logistics in modern organizations, and the reasons why senior management have often overlooked the importance of the function. Suggest and discuss alternative strategies for reducing this problem, to include the benefits of alliances with external logistics firms (the 3 in 3PL) and logistics management firms (the 4 in 4PLP). Synthesize your previous study, and incorporate new material from this module’s Background readings.
General Case Expectations
- Write a well-constructed essay. Feel free to use tables and bulleted lists, if appropriate.
- The readings may not provide specific answers. In that event, you will need to “fill in the gaps,” using your understanding of the material presented in the module, and the background sources.
- Style and format must comply with the Writing Style Guide. (TUI Guide, n.d.) This is not an English course; however, errors in spelling, grammar and style will be penalized.
- Provide citations and references. Use of APA style is encouraged, but not required. Please see the TUI Writing Guide, or visit the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL, 2015).
- There is no page requirement. Write what you need to write, neither more nor less.
- Upload your Case before the end of the module.