1Consider the following simple linear regression model: The response variable is:
2. Which of the following violates the assumptions of regression analysis?
- The error term has a zero mean.
- The error term has a constant variance.
- The error term is correlated with an explanatory variable.
- The error term is normally distributed.
3.For a given set of explanatory variables, in general:
- the width of a confidence interval is the same as the width of a prediction interval.
- a confidence interval is narrower than a prediction interval.
- a confidence interval is wider than a prediction interval.
- The width of a confidence interval cannot be determined.
4. Consider the following simple linear regression model: β0 and β1 are:
- the response variables.
- the explanatory variables.
- the unknown parameters.
- the random error terms.
5 .What is the name of the variable that’s used to predict another variable?
- Standard Error of the Estimate
- Coefficient of Determination
6.In a simple linear regression model, if the plots on a scatter diagram lie on a straight line, what is the standard error of the estimate?
7.The standard error of the estimate measures:
- the variability of the explanatory variables.
- the variability of the predicted y-values around the mean of the observed y-values.
- the variability of the observed y-values around the predicted y-values.
- the variability of the values of the sample regression coefficients.
8.Serial correlation is typically observed in:
- time series data.
- sparse data.
- cross-sectional data.
9.Which of the following variables is not qualitative?
- Student’s status (freshman, sophomore, etc.)
- Religious affiliation
- Gender of a person
- Number of dependents claimed on a tax return
10.Another name for an explanatory variable is the ___.
- independent variable
- descriptive variable
- dependent variable
- inferred variable