Refer to the balance sheet and statement of shareholders’ equity of the company you’ve selected to analyze. Research and address the following:
- What was the total stockholders’ equity for the most recent year in the company’s balance sheet?
- What seems to be the main reason for the change in stockholders’ equity from the past year to the most recent year?
- What is the largest component of stockholders’ equity as of the most recent year in the company’s financial statements?
- Does the company have any preferred stock? What is the dividend rate? How many shares are issued and outstanding?
- How many shares of common stock are authorized, issued, and outstanding at the end of the most recent year?
- Refer to the statement of shareholders’ equity. Did the company declare any dividends in the past year? If so how much? What was the dividend per share?
- Has the company repurchased any of its own shares in the last year? Generally speaking, what is the total effect on shareholders’ equity of a repurchase of a company’s shares?
- Calculate the return on stockholders’ equity and the rate of return on common stockholders’ equity for the most recent year. Show proof of your calculations.
Use proper APA formatting and correct usage of English grammar and mechanics.
This research assignment will help you to prepare the report and the financial analysis spreadsheets that comprise your final project.