Read “Danville Airlines” and write a paper of 750-1,000 words that addresses the following:
- Discuss the issue of genetic testing and screening. What are the benefits and the drawbacks of genetic testing? Specifically, what were they for Reiger?
- Assume it is technically legal for Danville to test Reiger without his consent. Did Danville have a right to do so? Why or why not?
- Assume it was illegal. How does that change your answer?
- Now, assume that Danville’s attorneys say the law is ambiguous, and that fighting a lawsuit would be expensive. How does that change your answer?
- Discuss Reiger’s situation in light of (a) the 1974 Privacy Act, (b) The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and (c) the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Does the knowledge that Reiger lost his father to Huntington’s disease and that he has a 90-percent chance of developing the same condition make a difference in your decision?
- What recommendations should Julie Taylor make?
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.