Assignment 2: System Analysis
In this course, you will progressively work on a system implementation process in six stages:
- Week 1: System planning
- Week 2: System analysis
- Week 3: System selection
- Week 4: System implementation
- Week 5: User training and system maintenance
You can use Internet resources, peer-reviewed journals, and reputable, published articles, and you may interview an executive of a healthcare facility that has implemented an electronic medical record system/electronic health record system or similar system to describe the six implementation steps.
This week, you will conduct system analysis. System analysis is a process of collecting, organizing, and evaluating data about the information systems and the environment in which the system operates. For this section, you need to answer the following questions:
- What is the current system for your fictional healthcare organization?
- What problems do you have with the current system? Where do its weaknesses lie?
- What changes will the implementation of a new system yield, and how will they impact the working of the organization?
- Would you like to extend the existing system or replace it?
- What is your phase-out plan for the existing system?