Dispute settlement is the focus of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the way that the organization keeps the global economy stable.
- What is the WTO, and what is its history?
- What are the benefits of being a member of the WTO?
- What are the disadvantages?
- How does it settle disputes?
Choose a recent dispute between 2 countries, and discuss it with your peers. Include the following:
- Summary of what happened
- How it was resolved
- Role played by the WTO
- Do you agree with the resolution?