Click here to locate the Blueprint for Reform Web site. Individually, post a response to area that addresses the following:
- In your view, what subjects are most critical for students to learn, and why?
- Should curriculum reflect the needs of society? Why or why not?
- In creating and maintaining the curriculum of the school, what is the best role for each of the following: parents, teachers, administrators, and students?
Comment on the posts of all other group members.
Now, prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the next Teacher In-Service Training day that discusses the following issues:
- What are the priorities for changing what is taught (subject matter) in this policy?
- Does the emphasis in this policy seem to be on programs or people? Explain.
- What is the role of the community, state, and federal government in ensuring accountability?
- What is the possible impact of not making the identified changes?
- What does this policy state needs to be done to support teachers and learners in the classroom?