Write a comprehensive overview of the health effects, politics, and regulatory control of tobacco use control efforts. Your paper should be based on the following points:
- What are the factors (biological, environmental, economic, and political) that contribute to tobacco addiction? What are the medical consequences (morbidity and mortality) for tobacco users?
- What is the public health impact (epidemiological and economic) of tobacco use and secondhand smoke exposure?
- How do tobacco control regulations relate to positive and normative economics?
- How do tobacco control regulations impact individual health care rights?
- What is the public health policy regarding tobacco control? What is the role of the state and Federal Government in policy making?
- What is the history of regulatory tobacco control? What is the current state of tobacco control in the United States (states that have passed tobacco control regulations)?
- What is the evidence that tobacco control is effective?
Based on your understanding, create a 6- to 7-page Microsoft Word document that includes the answers to the above questions. You need a minimum of five scholarly sources that should be in APA format for both in-text citations and citations on the reference page.
This assignment requires a title page, an abstract, an introduction, a body, a conclusion, and a reference page.
Support your responses with reasoning and examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.