Lauren drinks a variety of soft drinks. Over the past month, she has had 15 diet colas, 4 cans of lemonade, and 6 cans of root beer in no particular order or patter.
- Given this history, what is the probability that her next drink will be a diet cola? Lemonade? Root beer?
- What definition of probability did you use to answer this question?
- A market research company surveyed consumers to determine their ranked preferences of energy drinks among the brands Monster, Red Bull, and Rockstar.
- What are the outcomes of this experiment for one respondent?
- What is the probability that one respondent will rank Red Bull first?
- What is the probability that two respondents will both rank Red Bull first?
- A survey of 200 college graduates who have been working for at least 3 years found that 90 owned only mutual funds, 20 owned only stocks, and 70 owned both.
- What is the probability that has an individual owns either a stock or a mutual fund?