Phase 5 IP
Based on your Phase 4 Key Assignment scenario, you have been advised that the defendant has appealed his case to the District Court of Appeals, and the court has agreed to hear arguments as to the issue of police entrapment. Using material from your text and other credible online sources, answer the following questions:
- Revise the Phase 4 Key Assignment based on instructor feedback and peer review.
- Address the following, and add your responses to your Key Assignment revision:
- What is the difference between an intermediate appellate court and a high appellate court? Are they referred to by other names? Explain.
- What options does the court have regarding the case in question? Be specific.
- If the appellate court finds that the defense is valid and reverses the judgment, will you be held liable either civilly, criminally, or both? Will the department be held liable?
- If you or the department is held liable, explain the theory involved.