The Realms of the Unreal (Jessica Yu) – 2004
the video is 1 hr.20 min 11 sec
I need it within 24 hr
The essay include:
Quickly explain the topic.
Reflect upon your experience and write about it.
the second essay is : Background:
The Romantic era was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe and spread to the United States from approximately 1770 to 1850. This movement was largely a reaction to the Industrial Revolution.
Components of Romanticism include all or a few of these common characteristics:
- high emotion
- a reverence for nature
- critique of a newly industrialized society (often pro-human rights, pro-environment and pro-equality)
- both real-life characters with real-life issues (often with hero-worship)
- a sense of the exotic and fantastical
Specific titles of Romantic-era art include:
|1. “Le Miserables,” a novel written by Victor Hugo
|2. “Giselle,” the oldest continually performed ballet
|3. “Fidelio,” a German opera composed by Beethoven (this is his only opera!)|
- Watch the three Romantic-era artworks listed above. Jodi will show you these in class (see syllabus schedule).
- Pick TWO of the three watched pieces to write about.
- In your writing, discuss which Romantic characteristics are evident in each work – especially how nature, love and human rights are portrayed in each of the artworks.
- What ideas and characteristics are similar in each work and what are the differences?
- What was your overall view of the artwork’s message and do you believe it was or was not effectively portrayed? Why/how?
Format as follows:
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 12 pt.