Professional Ethical Code Profile Essay
Part I: Professional Ethical Code
First, critically reflect upon your personal and professional experiences in light of the course readings and discussions. Drawing upon and applying the course concept and using them to support your ideas, thoughtfully articulate your perspective on:
- What does ethics mean to you, particularly organizational and professional ethics?
- What are the core components of an ethical decision making decisions process? How does your decision making process ensure that the decision is ethical and “reasonably does not harm”?
- What is your professional code of ethics?
- How does it relate to (or is grounded in) one or a combination of the concepts/frameworks/systems discussed in the course?
- What are your core values, principles, etc.?
- What are the strengths and limitations of your ethical code?
- What factors shaped your ethical code?
- Do you belong to a profession that has an articulated professional code? If yes, outline its core principles and standards.
- How have you incorporated them into your own code of ethics?
- How do professional associations help ensure the integrity of professionals?
Part II: Organizational Leader with integrity:
Now, draw some conclusions. Use the following questions to guide your discussion of an ethical leader.
- What are the core qualities of an ethical leader?
- What difficult challenges do organizational leaders face today?
- How does a leader use power, position, information, and networks ethically and with integrity?
- How can a leader work for the benefit of all of an organization’s stakeholders, including being a responsible global citizen?
When you have completed your essay post it in the appropriate assignment link.