For my essay, there are 5 questions that need to be answered about the book, “Earth Colors” by Sarah Andrews?
1. What is the major crime (or crimes) and who are the main suspects? Who turns out to be the guilty one?
2. Who is investigating the case and what are her credentials? How does she gain access to the resources she needs to conduct her investigation?
3. Give two examples of geologic evidence used in the novel. Provide a complete geological description, and explain how each piece of evidence factors into the case.
4. Give at least one example of a geological, geochemical, geophysical or geographical technique used to solve the mystery. Explain the fundamentals of how this technique works and what kind of data it provides.
5. What did you think of this book, a) Scientifically and b) Personally as a reader? Did you feel sympathy for the characters? How might you have done things differently if you were writing this story?