- Barko Industries sold an asset and recorded a loss on the sale of $8.700. The sale price was $220,000 and the asset was originally purchased for $360,000.
- Dividends paid in Year 4 were $22, 460.
- Prepare a statement of cash flows for the year ending December 31, Year 4 using the indirect method.
- What conclusions could you arrive at regarding the cash position of the firm?
- What information was provided in the statement of cash flows that was not evident if just the balance sheet and the income statement were examined?
Part Two: Final Project Week 3: Investing and Financing Activities; Interim Presentation of Findings
Examine the statement of cash flows for the companies you selected in Week 1 for the most recent year. Address the following concerns:
- What are the two largest investing activities and financing activities for each firm?
- Compare and contrast the investing and financing activities of the two companies.
- Evaluate the investing and financing strategies of the two firms? Provide a rationale for your opinion as to the effectiveness of each of the strategies.
- Address the above-noted questions.
- Prepare a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of 5-10 slides that summarizes your findings for the two companies for Weeks 1 to 3 of the Final Project.