Complete the following questions in detail. Answer each question with a 1- or 2-paragraph response that includes a reference citation. Make use of Experiencing the World’s Religions and other sources in your research as you complete the questions.
- Describe the principles of yang and yin.
- The main scripture in Taoism is the Darjeeling (Tao Te Chung). What is the history and importance of this text for the tradition?
- How are Taoist ideals expressed through art? Offer several examples.
- What challenges does Taoism face in the modern world?
- Explain a situation to which following the Taoist principle of woo weigh might be beneficial to you or others. In what situation might following the principle of woo weigh be harmful in some way?