Assignment 1: Discussion
After finishing this module’s readings, you should have a much better understanding of how gender and cultural issues play out in organizations. In this module’s discussion question, you will provide analysis on the Homan and Greer article below. Based on the article, you will discuss how diversity impacts organizational teams and how leaders can best manage diverse teams.
Homan, A. C., & Greer, L. L. (2013). Considering diversity: The positive effects of considerate leadership in diverse teams. Group Processes & Intergroup Relations, 16(1), 105-125.
Based on the article above, complete the following:
- Describe the purpose of the article—what were the authors attempting to address?
- What do the authors mean when they say the positive effects of considerate leadership in diverse teams?
- What did the researchers find from their study, and what conclusions did they make from their findings?
- What are your take aways from this study? Is there anything you learned that you can apply to your organization?
Support your writing with academic, peer-reviewed literature. You can find peer-reviewed literature on the Readings and Assignments page of the course and through the Argosy University Library.
By Wednesday, August 10, 2016, post your response to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Friday, August 12, 2016, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation