Written Assignment 1
No Plargisim they will be checking this!
(25 points) 4 pages, not including cover or References pages
1. Locate an article describing a collective bargaining situation that has arisen within the past two years. This article should be from a newspaper, an academic journal, or a credible online news source. Use a minimum of two additional references to support your discussion and to respond to the questions in the assignment.
a. Using APA guidelines, state the proper citation for the article.
b. State the nature of the collective bargaining dispute.
c. What are the underlying causes of the dispute?
d. What economic or ethical pressures has each side attempted to use to prevail in the dispute?
e. If there is any evidence of any illegal or unethical conduct on either side, describe it in detail.
f. Was the dispute resolved? If so, how?
g. What, if any, role was played by third parties in resolving this bargaining dispute? What was the identity of the third party?
h. In retrospect, could this dispute have been resolved in a more constructive fashion? If so, how?
1. Most assignments include a minimum required number of sources. The required sources are to be recent (dated within the past two-four years), and from scholarly or acceptable outside sources. They are to be cited within the text in APA style, referenced in APA style, and you should include a hyperlink (if available) to view the source. Do not use Wikipedia.
2. Format the document as instructed using APA style. Typically, in Word (.doc or .docx) with double-spacing, one inch margins, Times New Roman, 12 point font, include headings and subheadings, references, page numbering, and a title page (with the course name and number, your topic, your name, and the date of submission).
3. Write your paper with clear syntax, correct grammar, and spelling.
4. Make sure your assignments are comprehensive, and address the issues, concerns, and questions asked in the order in which they are asked.
- The grade of A reflects excellence. Material presented in the paper, in examinations, and participation in the on-line classroom is well-focused and organized and demonstrates an outstanding knowledge of the course concepts.
Criteria for evaluating all written work (Conference postings and written assignments) includes content (comprehensive treatment of the subject, critical thinking, analysis, and application of research findings, etc.); format (presentation, and organization); following instructions including the due date; and writing style (readability, spelling, grammar, and syntax).