Health Care Programs
The development of diseases or the state of wellness and health are influenced by social, economic, environmental, and demographic factors of a population. As such, population statistics play a major role in determining the health status of a community or the distribution of diseases within that community.
You are the public health officer or health care administrator in charge of finding a prevention and intervention program to address public health issues in your community. You have been asked by your supervisor to create a report on the public health issue that you will be working for.
Based on your findings, express your views on the following:
- What are the health problems or issues currently impacting your community?
- What is the demographic data of your community as given on the U.S. Census Bureau website?
- According to the data related to morbidity, mortality, and prevalence, what are the incidence rates of the diseases in your community?
- What are the health care requirements of the community?
- How do you plan to assist in the prevention and intervention programs of your community?