You have been asked to prepare a report for a Marketing Manager of a television production company. The company has undertaken research to examine consumer’s attitudes towards reality television and have access to raw data (focus group transcript and SPSS data file). The marketing manager has asked you to interpret the data, and provide recommendations regarding the company’s MDP and MROs.
Marketing Management Problem (MMP)
– Should NBN introduce a new Reality TV show?
Marketing Research Problem (MRP)
– What are consumers’ attitudes towards Reality TV?
Marketing Research Objectives (MRO’s)
– To determine if there is a relationship between connecting with participants and enjoyment of reality TV shows.
– To compare attitudes towards reality TV shows between males and females.
– To identify if there is a relationship between age and preference towards reality TV shows.
– To determine the relationship between enjoyment of reality TV shows and the depiction of real life within a reality TV show.
-To compare the importance of having attractive participants and depicting real life behaviours.
-To compare enjoyment of Reality TV shows between shows with unfamiliar setting (Tropical Island, isolated house) and staged setups.
Please follow the instruction in the zipped file. If unable to open it, please inform me.
Please use www.savreader.com to open e Reality TV Quantitative Data 2014.sav in the zipped file as all the data inside this file for doing the analysis.