Topic Chosen is VIOLENCE
Artifact: Episodic Moving Image and film
The work you have done in Weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4 has been building blocks for your Final Project.
In Week 1, you selected one of the following social issues:
- Social and economic class
- Indecency/free speech
Once you selected your issue, you researched how this issue is approached in the field of popular culture.
In Week 2, you selected two popular culture artifacts from the following categories and researched the history of your artifact categories as expressed in popular culture:
- Episodic moving image (TV shows—may be broadcast or streamed)
- Music videos
- Animation (general animation/cartoons such as Disney or Warner Brothers, or genre-specific animation such as Japanese anime)
- Printed material (books, magazines, manga, comic books, or graphic novels)
In Week 3, you investigated access and distribution of your popular culture artifacts.
In Week 4, you selected an additional artifact and looked at how this new artifact defines or disrupts “normal” in relationship to your issue today.
This week you reflect on your work and construct a completed Final Project. In addition to revising your previous work into a cohesive paper, you will add one additional component.
Select a second issue that is related to at least one of your chosen artifacts and discuss how it conveys information about this second issue, synthesizing what you have learned. For example, if you are working with the issue of violence and how it relates to your chosen popular culture artifacts, select one of those artifacts and discuss how it might relate to gender.
- Review your Weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4 Assignments, worksheets, Discussions, and Instructor feedback.
- Combine your Final Project milestones from Weeks 2, 3, and 4, and incorporate necessary Instructor feedback. Revise the work so that it becomes a unified essay with an introduction, transitions, a conclusion, and the required references