1. Using a graphic organizer of your choice, create a basic outline for a social studies theme that could be taught over the course of one month or longer.
2. Choose a topic that includes two or three units that flow in an orderly sequence. Display the unit titles in the graphic organizer with lesson titles, topics, and objectives that are aligned to the standards. Full lesson plans are NOT required.
3. Create a rationale statement as well as a student-friendly title for the entire theme.
4. Include sections on your graphic organizer for culminating activity ideas, field trips, guest speakers, and other resources, including literature.
5. Design at least two authentic assessments that address your topic; one formative and one summative. (Add an Appendix to put these in along with any other resources you create)
This assignment doesn’t have a one size fits all format. I look forward to seeing the innovative ways you create your own unit and assessments. As long as it has all the requirements listed in the assingment details and follows the rubric you will receive full credit. Remember as a teacher you have to build units and organize your standards in ways that make sense to you.
NOTE: While APA format is not required for this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide