Unit: Security Policy Content and Risk
Due Date: Wednesday, 8/31/16 15:00
APA STYLE REFERENCE WITH IN –TEXT CITATIONS
Write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
A risk cube is a tool that is used to analyze a security risk issue. For example, consider the challenge to measure security concerns for a direct-recording electronic (DRE) voting machine.
The risk cube has the following domains:
- Probability: Likelihood of error (low, medium, high)
- Outcome: Severity of error (low, high)
- Duration: Impact of error (isolated, long-term)
Use the risk cube as the tool to categorize the security risks, and justify the DRE acceptance or rejection in each subcube. Complete the following:
- For each subcube, justify the acceptance or rejection of DRE voting with a summarized statement.
- In addition to the acceptance or rejection choice, add a security risk classification of high, medium, or low for each subcube.
- Conclude with a statement of expected concurrency with the risk cubes of peers.
- If a single risk cube were to be created from those of all peers, would significant differences be expected?
- What mitigation processes might be used to resolve differences?
Give clear explanations and idea’s.