Please use the attached document to assist in completing this project. I will be standing by for any questions. Thanks in advance for the hard work:
Policy Proposal Project Final Product
The length of your final document for your final product is to be 5 – 8 pages.
12-point font, double-spaced with 1-inch margins. Use subheadings. Short paragraphs and/or outline format and bullet points are acceptable as needed for clarity and organization.
- include policy analysis
- Use the Kingdon principles to structure and organize your analysis of the problem.
- State who you have in mind when preparing your document. Tell me if it is a summary for your client or a document written for another stakeholder. You don’t want to assume that I know your intentions … explain your purpose.
- Your final manuscript should adequately respond to any feedback given with the Step assignments.
- Use this Outline to check your own work for completion.
Policy Analysis Final Product Format
- Abstract – Executive Summary with your purpose and intentions (Summary of problem for client? Persuade stakeholder to provide supportive action? Negotiate/compromise? Inform media?)
- Client: include description and mission
- Problem Statement
- Background – problem stream: facts & information to understand the problem
- Landscape – politics stream
- Significant stakeholders with positions & concerns
- Solutions – Guidelines, regulations, or programs. Look for new and developing alternatives currently in the “pipeline”.
- Political factors – support & opposition. Window of opportunity?
- Social factors – Demographics, cultural implications. High or low on public agenda?
- Economic factors – Costs & benefits. Resources.
- Legal factors – legislation that passed and bills that died (if present).
- Practical factors – realistic implementation considerations
- Options – policy stream: choices with positive & negative aspects of each
- Recommendation – why this one is preferred despite drawbacks
- Reference List – Include full references for all source materials.
- Cite all source materials (either internal citations or endnotes) within the text.