Please answers the following questions and give an explanation when is required. Thank you.
1.The client has been told to consume more omega-3 fatty acids. What food could the nurse say is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids?
|b.||fatty fish||d.||whole wheat bread|
Why the Omega-3 fatty acids are important?
- The client brings the results of recent cholesterol screening with him to see the nurse. The client is confused about what the results mean and asks what the total cholesterol number should be. Which of the following statements could the nurse make about interpreting the results of the cholesterol screening test?
|a.||Total blood cholesterol should not exceed 150 mg/dl||c.||Total cholesterol should not exceed 150 mg/ml|
|b.||Total cholesterol should not exceed 200 mg/dl||d.||Total cholesterol should not exceed 200 mg/ml|
- The nurse is teaching a group of clients in a cardiac rehabilitation class about food sources of proteins. In what foods will the nurse say protein is found?
|a.||in foods derived from both plant and animal foods||c.||only in foods derived from plants|
|b.||only in foods derived from animals||d.||only in fortified foods
- The school nurse is making a presentation to parents of teenage students. One parent is concerned that their child is not getting adequate high quality dietary protein because the child has stopped eating meat. The nurse tells the parent that certain diets that do not contain meat can still provide adequate protein. Which of the following statements could the nurse make about vegetarian diets and protein?
|a.||all vegetarian diets deliver adequate high quality dietary protein||c.||lacto-ovo vegetarian diets deliver adequate high quality dietary protein|
|b.||fruitarian diets deliver adequate high quality dietary protein||d.||vegan diets deliver adequate high quality dietary protein|
- A pregnant client tells the nurse that she is taking megadoses of vitamin A in the hopes that it will keep her complexion clear throughout the pregnancy. What could the nurse say about the client’s use of this vitamin supplement?
|a.||Consuming megadoses of vitamin A may cause permanent night blindness.||c.||Taking megadoses of vitamin A are a good idea during pregnancy because vitamin A supports a healthy immune system.
|b.||Consuming megadoses of vitamin A may result in birth defects.
|d.||Taking megadoses of vitamin A will neither help nor hurt her or the fetus during the pregnancy.|
Explain your answer.
- A family member of an elderly client contacts the nurse and asks why the client is receiving B12 injections. Which of the following answers could the nurse give?
|a.||The injections of B12 are given to prevent blindness.||c.||The injections of B12 are given to prevent pellagra|
|b.||The injections of B12 are given to prevent beriberi||d.||The injections of B12 are given to prevent pernicious anemia|