VoIP Part 1 (Work Breakdown Structure)
- This assignment contains two (2) deliverables: a summary document to be delivered in a MS Word processor document format and a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to be delivered in a MS Project
As the project manager for an IT department, you have been assigned to manage the project of deploying a new VoIP phone system to the company’s campus. The campus consists of three (3) different buildings, each with twenty to fifty (20 to 50) workstations. The project must be completed in ninety (90) calendar days starting on November 1.
Deliverable 1: Summary (MS Word or open source equivalent)
- Write a one to two (1-2) page summary document in which you:
- Summarize the project requirements and other assumptions (e.g., budget, human resources, workload, environmental dependencies, etc.).
- Define a work breakdown structure and describe the methodology behind constructing one.
Deliverable 2: WBS (MS Project)
- Use Microsoft Project to create a WBS which:
- Contains at least five (5) main tasks, one for each of the PMBOK® process areas.
- Contains at least sixty (60) line items distributed in ten (10) or more work packages.
- Contains Work Breakdown Structure Code for each task.
- Presents a duration estimate for each task which results in a duration estimate for the project not to exceed the requirements described in the overview.