Literature Review Matrix
Instructions: You will conduct a web search on your area of focus using Google, Bing, Yahoo, or any other major search engine. Be sure to take the time to inform yourself on sound research sources including use of peer reviews as listed in the recommended and required resources for the week. To get you started, view What is a Scholarly Journal Article?. Next, you will analyze the first five results that appear from your search in a table format using Microsoft Word. Then, using the same keywords you used to search the Web, you will conduct a search in the Ashford University Library using one of the academic databases (ERIC, ProQuest, EBSCOhost, and so forth) and create a table using Microsoft Word. Finally, you will select two sources from either table that you feel are the best overall based on currency, credibility, authority, and academic integrity and construct a summary. For each article in your tables, use the following format:
|Source Type||(e.g., journal article, magazine article, book, and so forth)|
|Annotation||(e.g., two to three sentences summarizing the contents of the source)|
The assignment needs to include the following areas of content.
- Web Search (2 points): Construct a table that includes an APA citation, source type, and a two- to three-sentence annotation for five scholarly sources gathered from an open Web search.
- Library Search (2 points): Construct a table that includes an APA citation, source type, and a two- to three-sentence annotation for five scholarly sources gathered from a library search.
- Summary – Source Selection (1 point):State the two sources you have selected and in one paragraph evaluate what factors influenced your decision to select these articles over the others from your search results.
- Summary – Learning (5 points): In a paragraph, explain what you learned through this process of selecting articles and what was most informative for you about this experience.
- Summary – Adaptations (.5 point): In a paragraph, explain the adaptations you will make in your search and evaluation process as a result of what you located during this assignment.
- Summary – Application (.5 point): In a paragraph, explain how you will use the information you found to help inform your ideas about your action research proposal.
The assignment needs to adhere to the following areas for written communication.
- Page Requirement (.5 point): Your assignment must be three to four pages, not including title and references pages.
- APA Formatting (.5 point): Use APA formatting consistently throughout.
- Syntax and Mechanics (.5 point): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Your written work should contain no errors and be very easy to understand.
Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to be sure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit the assignment to the course room for evaluation no later than day 7 of the week.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.