- Evaluate each of the following methods of increasing food production in terms of social and environmental concerns.
1.Concentrated animal feeding operations
2.Use of genetic engineering to produce transgenic crops
4.Irrigating arid lands
5.Should we try to increase food production on existing farmland, or should we sacrifice other lands to increase farming area?
Please remember to type your name on the paper. You may use your textbook as a resource, but I expect you to use at least two additional resources as well.
- 1 or more pages in length not counting the title header or literature cited
- One-inch margins
- Times New Roman10-point font
- Double-spaced lines
- Standard style formatting of your choice (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.)
- Include all references used. (these can be your text, other books, online sources, etc.) You may use your textbook as a resource, but I expect you to use at least two additional resources as well.
- Word document format: MS Word 2003(.doc), MS Word 2007(.docx) or rich text format (.rtf)
- Each paper should be completed and submitted to the appropriate folder in the Dropbox.
Papers will be assessed according to the basis of completeness, correct spelling, neatness and following guidelines. (Please see Rubrics area of course for further details.)