All fields that work with data must be able to correctly and effectively describe the data. This assignment will give you the opportunity to determine the best way to approach a data set and choose the appropriate measure of center and variation as well as the best graph(s).
1. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
2. This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
3. You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Choose one of the attached data sets and analyze using the techniques discussed in class up to this point. This includes:
1. Finding the appropriate measure of center
2. Finding the appropriate measure of variation
3. Select the appropriate probability distribution for a variety of data sets and estimating the parameters.
4. Calculate the probability that a flight will depart early or on-time.
5. Calculate the probability that a flight will arrive late.
6. Calculate the probability that a flight departs late or arrives early.
7. Find the graph(s) needed to appropriately describe the data
Write a brief description (250 – 500 words) of the data set and justify the choices made for the items above.
All calculations must be performed in JMP. The JMP graph files must be submitted as part of the report.
Complete and submit the assignment to LoudCloud as directed by your instructor.
Select the appropriate probability distribution for a variety of data sets and estimating the parameters.