While watching the “Simple Machines: Science & Art Integration” video, note the instances when Mr. DeLuca demonstrates, uses, or addresses the techniques listed below. Select 10 of the techniques and describe how Mr. DeLuca effectively demonstrated each in a 500-750-word descriptive essay.
- Giving direction
- Motivating students (intrinsically, extrinsically)
- Transitions between activities
- Eye contact
- Body language
- Time limits
- Disruptive off-task behaviors
- Non-disruptive off-task behaviors
- Questioning skills
- Room set up
- Movement around room
- Proximity control
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
- 70% Essay skillfully and convincingly discusses techniques from the provided list. Content clearly is responsive to the prompt. It includes several distinctive supporting details and/or examples of Mr. DeLuca’s demonstration of the techniques.
- 15% Purpose statement and related conclusion are clear and convincing. Information is well-organized and logical. Argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner.
- 10% In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. Sources are credible. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.
- 5% Submission is nearly/completely free of mechanical errors and has a clear, logical conceptual framework. Word choice reflects well-developed use of practice and content-related language. Sentence structures are varied and engaging