For Assignments 1-5, you are the new budgeting and finance administrator for your local government agency. Your first responsibility is to become familiar with the agency, the budget, programs, and capital projects. As the administrator, you will be responsible for analyzing, examining, proposing, and preparing the agency’s budget for the next five (5) years.
Note: Students cannot use New York City as a selected local government
Assignment 5: Multiyear Plans and Analysis
Due Week 10 and worth 100 points
Review the document titled “City of Charlottesville 2010 Annual Comprehensive Plan” located in the course shell.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Review the “City of Charlottesville 2010 Annual Comprehensive Plan” and then complete Exercise 1 on page 152 using Exhibits C and D in the Annual Report and Table 9.4 on page 148. Change the title headers to the agency name. Save the Excel File as the agency’s name and include the Multiyear Plan.
2. Analyze the comparison of ratios.
3. Analyze the measures of liquidity.
4. Analyze the long-term solvency.
5. Analyze asset management rations.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Evaluate a budgeting system at any governmental level.
Analyze the scope and sequence of budgeting in terms of sources of revenues, purpose of government expenditures, budget cycles, budget preparation, and debt administration.
Examine the key components of developing multiyear plans and analyses.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in public budgeting and finance.
Write clearly and concisely about public budgeting and finance using proper writing mechanics