Your analysis phase of the SRS project went well and your team feels good about their Functional, Structural, and Behavioral models. You also discussed the result of your analysis with the School of Prosperity (SoP) administration and they seem to be in line with your analysis models.
Now is the time to start the design phase where you generate specific directions for the implementation of the system by the software development group. The first step in the design phase is to examine the SRS class diagram and to try to simplify its organization using a package diagram. The package diagram ensures that classes that belong together are grouped into a single package and thus simplify the development of these classes and their maintenance.
Your deliverable this week is to generate a package diagram for the SRS system.
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions.
(See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due dates.)
- SRS package diagram
- Verification and validation of your work
- Explanation of your work
STEP 1: Review Starting RSA on Citrix, Drawing, and Drawing a Package Diagram (Not Graded)
- The video tutorial below demonstrates how to start the IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) in the Citrix iLab environment.
- The video tutorial below demonstrates how to draw a package diagram using RSA.
STEP 2: Generate the Detailed Package Diagram
- Dowload the iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate. You are going to use this template for all of your iLab submissions throughout this course. This template is available in week1 iLab.
- Create a diagram for the SRS system using the Rational Software Architect software on the Citrix iLab environment based on your structural and behavioral models.
STEP 4: Verify, Validate, & Explain Your Work
- Using the iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, verify and validate your work
- Using the iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, explain your work, the decisions you made to arrive at your proposed solution, and lessons learned.
STEP 4: Generate an Object State Diagram
- Create a state machine diagram for an object of the RegistrationRecord class (the class that maintains the registration of a student in a class) using the Rational Software Architect software in the Citrix iLab environment based on your functional and structural models.
- Using the iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate, copy and paste your object state diagram into the template.
STEP 5: Upload your iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate Document to your Dropbox
Save the iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate MS Word document with the file name iLabWeeklySubmissionTemplate_YourName and upload to your dropbox.