This assignment will assess competency 2: EVALUATE various leadership theories.
Complete the LP3 Leadership assignment. In addition to teaching about leadership, this assignment will challenge your research, citation and paraphrasing skills. Your content should be paraphrased on this one (no quotes). For this assignment:
- Research and describe five leadership theories. (Tip: check out changingminds.org for a list of leadership theories. This website is NOT an academic source so cannot be used in this paper, but it can help you find ideas which you will then research in the NAU library. Do not use a category of theories like behavioral theories)
- For each theory, identify and explain which traits are exemplified
- Provide a scenario that shows each theory in use
- Select one leadership theory that you believe would be most effective in an organization of your choice (this can be a company, a government agency, a non-profit, etc.). Why would this theory be the best fit for this organization? How would it promote communication?
Use at least six (6) scholarly or professional sources to support your position in addition to the sources provided in this learning plan. You must use all of the sources. Do not use the textbook as a primary source. Write in an academic voice and use your critical thinking skills. Your final submission will be 800-1200 words. Your citation must be in APA. Your reference page must be completed as an Annotated Bibliography.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox LP3 Assignment: Leadership.
Actions for Discussion 3.1: Virtual Teams
Group or team projects are some of the most dreaded assignments in graduate school. However, accrediting agencies expect that they be integrated into business curricula to prepare students to work in professional environments.
Discuss the benefits and challenges of team/group projects either in school or on the job. How might the dilemmas of teamwork be intensified on a virtual team? What dilemmas do you feel when you are faced with team assignments? Using the NAU library, research strategies that might improve teamwork in the classroom.
Cite your sources using APA.
Your answer should be a minimum of 250 words
Actions for Discussion 3.2: Task Versus People Orientations
COMPLETE the “Task Versus People Orientations” exercise (page 511). Evaluate the results and reflect upon how this impacts your leadership style. When you read about the various leadership styles, think about which theory fits your current style. Would you like to change your style? How might you do this?
Your answer should be a minimum of 250 words. ARTICLE UPLOADED BELOW
LP3 Assignment: Product Concepts and Development
This assignment will assess Competency 5: Create a set of marketing planning activities as a tool for accomplishing organizational objectives.
What’s your favorite brand of sandwich cookie?
If you’re like most Americans, chances are it’s an Oreo. In fact, Oreos are so popular that many people think it was the original sandwich cookie. But they’re wrong. Sunshine first marketed its Hydrox sandwich cookie in 1908. Hydrox thrived until 1912, when Nabisco (now part of Kraft) launched Oreo. With Nabisco’s superior distribution and advertising, Hydrox was soon outmatched. By 1998, Hydrox sales totaled $16 million, while Oreo’s revenues were at $374 million.
Hydrox was purchased by Keebler (which was subsequently purchased by Kellogg). In 2014, Leaf Brands acquired the rights to Hydrox and announced that the cookie would make a comeback (Bruce Horovitz, USA Today).
Imagine that you are a member of the marketing team who must decide what to do with the Hydrox brand. In 500 – 600 words, consider these questions:
- Will you change Hydrox’s name? On the one hand, some loyal customers remember “Hydrox cookies” from their childhood. But on the other hand, most people unfamiliar with Hydrox think it is a cleaning product! If you decide to change the name, what kind of brand name could go head-to-head with Oreo? List a few possibilities and explain why they’re appealing. If you decide not to change the name, explain how you will combat the “Hydrox as cleaning solution” problem.
- How will you package your sandwich cookie to make it more attractive on the shelf than Oreo? Consider packaging size, markings, and characteristics. Draft a brief packaging plan for your cookie.
- Would you tweak the product? Can you modify the original formula to create something new and more competitive? Will a brand extension work here? Why or why not?
- What marketing planning activities will be the most important in your new product roll-out? Describe them.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP3 Assignment: Product Concepts and Development.” This assignment is worth 110 points and will be graded according to the Graduate General Writing Assignments Rubric.
Actions for Discussion 3.1: Products and Branding
View these videos at the website of Duane Knapp, an authority on building a genuine brand and the science of branding.
Share with your classmates the writing you did during Learning Activity 2. Then, comment on how your perceptions of branding have changed considering the Duane Knapp videos and the reading you have done so far in this course. How have these resources changed your initial assumptions?
Actions for Discussion 3.2: Sales Dialogue: Creating and Communicating Value
In this learning plan, we’ve discovered that the development of an effective sales dialogue is the key to creating and communicating value to prospective customers. What are the essential characteristics of effective sales dialogue? How can salespeople make sales dialogue interesting and understandable to buyers?
Answer these questions in your initial discussion board post, using APA-style citations from your textbook and the article you found in Learning Activity 4 to support your points. THE ARTICLE IS UPLOADED BELOW FOR THIS DISCUSSION