In this module, conduct your first fieldwork on observations and interactions with forensic psychology professionals. Your interaction with these professionals can be face-to-face, as with a tour of a facility or an interview, or it can occur over the phone when face-to-face meetings are not practical. If you are unable to complete a face-to-face meeting, then follow up with your instructor.
- Create a fieldwork report of your observations and interactions, including the following:
- Name of the professional
- The professional’s affiliation and agency’s affiliation
- Degrees and licensure
- Type of training in forensic psychology (if applicable)
- Primary job responsibilities
- Client population served
- Any ethical conflicts the professional routinely encounters
- Recommendations to a graduate student in forensic psychology
- Other observations as deemed appropriate
- Reflection on what you learned from the fieldwork experience and how you can apply it in your professional life
Write your report in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document. Please follow the attached grading rubric.
Follow APA guidelines for writing and citing in-text references. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Your report should rely upon at least two sources from additional professional literature; the sources must be cited in APA format. The literature may include relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).