KBH (KB Home):
· Sector: Industrial Goods
· Industry: Residential Construction
· KB Home operates as a homebuilding company in the United States. It constructs and sells various homes, including attached and detached single-family residential homes, townhomes, and condominiums primarily for first-time, move-up, and active adult homebuyers.
· Current price is $15.03, and has been stable throughout this month
· P/E Ratio: 15.45
· Beta: 1.42
· Just announced on Sept.14 their grand-opening of Mission Terrace in San Marcos that has easy access to the highway, light rail line, convenient commuting to employment, and close to shopping centers as well as the San Diego Zoo.
· According to CNBC on Sept. 9, if there is a rate hike then it will negatively affect homebuilders and applying for loan will be harder.
· 3rd quarter earnings report comes out on September 20th after the market closes and there will be a conference call held at 2pm.
· I think we should still hold on to this stock because this company has been expanding and developing in different areas and will generate more revenue. With the market being down today, the stock was still doing well. Since 3rd quarter earnings are coming out next week, it is best to see how well the company actually performed and make more decisions based off of that information.