- Download the document Seventeen Competencies (see attachment below). Save the document to your computer and type your responses directly into the saved document. You are to assess your OWN progress towards the competencies. If you document that you have a high competency, you must document why you believe this to be true. If you state that you need improvement in an area, you must include an action plan of how/when you will achieve the competency. When finished, save the document and then upload as an attachment to the assignment. This will be document 1.
- Document 2 will include your philosophy of education and a 300 word reflective essay on what you have gained from completing this assignment and how you will use this information as you plan for your professional future. The essay will be graded using the rubric below. The Philosophy of Education will be graded as pass/fail. Copy and paste the philosophy of education below into a word document and then write your reflection essay. Both of these items will be in one document. Save this document and upload as an attachment to the assignment.
Philosophy of Education
- “I believe the purposes of education are _________________”
- “I believe that children learn best when they are taught under certain conditions and in certain ways. Some of these are __________________”
- “The curriculum—all of the activities and experiences—of my classroom should include certain “basics” that contribute to children’s social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development. These basics include __________”
- “Children learn best in an environment that promotes learning. Features of a good learning environment are _______________”
- “All children have certain needs that must be met if they are to grow and learn at their best. Some of these basic needs are ____________”
- “I would meet these needs by ____________”
- “A teacher should have certain qualities and behave in certain ways. Qualities I think important for teaching are ________________________”
- The assignment will have a total of 2 files attached. Please be sure to upload both files and then hit submit.
Citation and Reference Style Resources
American Psychological Association. (2009). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
The American Psychological Association states, “The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is the style manual of choice for writers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences. It provides invaluable guidance on all aspects of the writing process, from the ethics of authorship to the word choice that best reduces bias in language. Well-known for its authoritative and easy-to-use reference and citation system, the Publication Manual also offers guidance on choosing the headings, tables, figures, and tone that will result in strong, simple, and elegant scientific communication.”
Click here to see how to set up APA Sixth Edition Publication Manual formatting in all of your Microsoft Word documents.