Total for 2 papers (8-10 pgs and 3-4 pgs) – $50 due now and $40 due once papers are complete
Final – 8-10 pages
Organizational Behavior Analysis
In this assignment you will analyze the organizational behavior of your current or former employer. Describe how the following areas influence the organizational behavior in a negative or positive manner:
- Type of culture (Pluralism, Dualism or Salad bowl)
- Modes of communication in the organization (i.e., written or verbal)
- Nature of authority (i.e., recognized social rank)
- Motivational techniques (e.g. intrinsic or extrinsic used to influence productivity and performance)
- Areas of EQ (emotional quotient) embraced by the organization
- Virtual elements (i.e., teleworking and virtual offices)
Provide examples for each item listed above and discuss how each example applies to the organization identified. Your paper must be eight to ten pages in length and use a minimum of four scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook. Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight-to-ten double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use headers
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document a minimum of four scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Second paper – Correction 2-3 pages
Organizational Culture Analysis
Symbols of culture are called artifacts. Artifacts are the most visible and accessible level of culture. These include behaviors, stories, rituals (everyday practices that are repeated frequently), and symbols (e.g., company logos, company colors). For example, the president of a company volunteering at Habitat for Humanity is an artifact of culture. An example of symbols as an artifact of culture is Ashford University’s shield that serves as our logo and is printed on transcripts, diplomas and letterhead paper. Submit a two- to three-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) describing the culture of either your current or past place of employment.
Your paper should provide examples of and address each of the following topics:
- Observable artifacts
- Espoused values (These are what organizational members say they value, like ethical practice.)
- Enacted values (These are reflected in the way individuals actually behave.)
In addition, describe how each item listed above impacts the values and culture of the organization.