This week, take time to review Standard 9: Assessment of the APA Code of Ethics, located under your weekly resources. When you have completed your review, draft a scenario that you can use as part of your Signature Assignment, which is due in Week 12. Remember, you will present your list of scenarios to your instructor for review in Week 9.
This week, you will reflect upon and analyze the ethical concerns involved in psychological assessment. Three of the major areas in which psychologists may be asked to conduct assessments are 1) employee selection; 2) school assessment; and 3) mental health.
For this task, select one of these three categories, and then create a brochure to address ethical concerns that could arise. The audience for your brochure includes psychologists, who are considering these different types of assessment.
Specifically, your brochure should include the following:
- Identify the assessment area.
- Provide an overview of the most common types of assessment that occur in this area. (i.e., intelligence test in school settings.)
- Explain common ethical issues with assessment in the selected area, including:
- Obtaining informed consent and determining if there are any challenges that may present (i.e., how might a job applicant be protected from undue harm or how do you protect a child who may not understand the purpose of the assessment).
- Selecting appropriate tests as well as ensuring their own competency with new tests, test revisions, and test editions.
- Establishing protocols that alleviate stress and anxieties of test-taker.
- Protecting test materials and raw data.
- Maintaining confidentiality of test results.
Support your paper with the three scholarly resources you located in Week 6.
Length: 2 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to the topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be careful to adhere to Northcentral’s Academic Integrity Policy.