A central part of the entrepreneurial process focuses on opportunity recognition and feasibility analysis. This is important because opportunity recognition and feasibility analysis are key activities that must be completed when investigating a new business idea.
You are expected to identify a business idea for a new venture start-up, and to explain concisely in a ten page submission why you think your idea would be a valuable and feasible one to pursue in the marketplace.
The following structure is suggested:
- Drawing from Crunchbase startup database, each student is required to identify and review of 10 venture-capital backed startups that are pursuing high potential leading-edge entrepreneurial opportunities in the marketplace.
Crunchbase can be accessed by clicking on the following link.
- In a 10-page submission document, provide a one-page overview for each selected start-up company, and explain why you believe the company is pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity – rather than just an idea.
- For each venture identified
- Provide an description of the business and the funding secured by the venture
- What is the market opportunity?
- What is the target market?
- Why are customers going to buy/use the product/services?
- How is the company going to make money?
10 Venture-capital backed start-up firm I’ve selected from crunchbase.
- Vtesse – http://www.vtessepharma.com/ (Backed by NEA)
- Rentomojo – https://www.rentomojo.com/ (Backed by Accel)
- Sentry – https://www.getsentry.com (Backed by Accel)
- Shift Technology – http://www.shift-technology.com/ (Backed by Accel)
- Cornershop – https://cornershopapp.com/ (Backed by Accel)
- Fresh Grade – http://web.freshgrade.com (Backed by Accel)
- Demisto – http://www.demisto.com (Backed by NEA)
- B12 – https://b12.io (Backed by SV Angel)
- ShipBob – http://www.shipbob.com/ (Backed by SV Angel)
- Zenreach – http://zenreach.com/ (Backed by SV Angel)
- Harvard referencing style.
- Non-plagiarised work