Assignment 1: LASA 2: Preventing Cyber Crime Presentation
For this assignment, you will review a brief scenario and develop an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation along with a 2- to 3-page document.
Seaward Community Recreation Center is a medium-sized public recreation facility for children and adults. In addition to a large offering of sports, child-care, and recreation programs, it also offers daylong seminars to the public on various computer-related topics. Seminars run daily with a new topic offered each month. For the coming month, the topic, “Preventing Cyber Crime and Cyberbullying” has been selected as it aligns well with the National Cyber Security Awareness month. As a member of the center’s information security staff, you have been approached to prepare material for this seminar.
- Prepare an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Ensure that each slide includes speaker notes pertaining to the contents of the slide. The presentation should address the seven topics listed below:
- Occurrence of malware, spyware, and botnet
- Prevention of spam and phishing
- Securing your home network
- Prevention of identity theft and Internet fraud
- Creating and maintaining secure passwords
- Combating social-engineering techniques
- Preventing cyberbullying and harassment
- Create a 2- to 3-page handout that can be distributed to the attendees at the seminar. The handout should highlight the key aspects of your presentation’s topics. It should include enough detail so that the attendees can reference the document at a later time. Be sure to cover all the topics listed in Part I of this assignment.
Note: In preparing your presentation and handout, keep in mind that your target audience will be nontechnical. As such, you should ensure that all acronyms are defined and that explanations and/or analogies should be used to help the audience relate to more difficult or complex concepts.
Your final product will be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation approximately 8–10 slides in length and utilize at least 4–5 scholarly/professional sources (beyond your textbook) in your research. You will also create a 2- to 3-page handout summarizing the highlights of your presentation. Your presentation and handout should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation