You are the vice president (VP) of operations for a medium-sized hospital (80–120 beds). The board of directors wants to consider opening a separate long-term care facility (a skilled nursing facility or nursing home of 30 beds), and they want to know what this would entail operationally. Research the differences in these two types of facilities (hospitals versus long-term care facility).
- Prepare a report for the board that details operational similarities and differences between the two facilities. This should include, at a minimum, the following:
- Demographic demand based on your location in the country
- Clinical personnel requirements
- Costs and profits
- Quality of care
- Generate a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis based on your operational comparison findings. There should be a minimum of 3 SWOT attributes posited.
- In summary, make the recommendation to open or not to open a long-term care facility, including rationale and justification that is referenced.
Your report should be 3 to 5 pages, excluding the cover page, abstract page, and reference page. Be sure to support your work with at least 3 academic or professional peer-reviewed sources that were published within the past 5 years.
For a resource guide on using the online library to search for references, click here.
APA Format / Citations / References