You must prepare a formal 10-12 page research paper to be submitted in Module 8 via plagiarism detection tool on a topic of your choice related to a major air cargo operator or hub. Your desired topic must be approved by your instructor in advance during Module 1 of the course. Your final paper is worth 100 points and 40% of your grade, and will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of quality and depth of content (60 points)
- Proper organization of the paper (see suggested outline below) (10 points)
- Following overall formatting requirements: Times New Roman font, 12-pt, double- spaced, meeting total page requirements, use of page numbers, title page, table of contents, appropriate labels on any figures and tables. Apply APA style rules; use the current edition of the APA publication manual for guidelines. (10 points)
- Use of correct grammar and evidence of proof-reading, i.e., no spelling errors (10 points)
- Inclusion of a minimum of five scholarly resources and proper APA documentation of references used (10 points)
Select a topic for the paper, consider the major air cargo operators or hubs.
- Cathay Cargo
Suggested Paper Outline While your paper may differ somewhat from the outline provided below, it should generally follow this format.
o Table of Contents Topic History/Background
o Detailed description Managerial Aspects
o Corporate culture/philosophy Key individuals involved Organizational chart Mission statement
o Resources, etc. Vehicles and employees
o Key facilities and equipment Main airports served Number and type of aircraft
o Operations Operational philosophies
o Markets served Types of cargo Limitations/problems
o Business Relationships Principle customers
o Partners, alliances, pacts Code-sharing, joint ventures Any unique agreements, arrangements, etc.
o Future Plans Summary/Comments References